Saturday, July 1, 2017

Beating The Heat

I really enjoy summer. I really enjoy the fact that it is warm. In fact, I really enjoy hot days. But just because I enjoy the heat, doesn't mean that there are times when I want to cool off for a couple of hours. Here's a list of the ways that I cool off, when the heat just gets to be too much.

1. Go to the movies. I've always thought that movie theatres are cold. And it feels great on one of those 100 degree days. You will feel cooler for a few hours.

2. Take a cold shower. Yep, you can just wash away all that grime and sweat. And you will feel much better. And you will feel much cooler for a couple of hours.

3. Strategic placement of an icepack. One of my co-workers suggested that I place a frozen washcloth around the back of my neck when it is really hot. Believe it or not it really works. So break out the icepacks.

4. Water, water, water! Yep, fluids keep your body temperature a little lower. They reduce the chance of overheating. And it's even better if they are cold, so break out the iced tea, lemonade, and popsicles to keep yourself cool on a hot summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment