Saturday, June 17, 2017

Can Your Blog Get You In Trouble?

As I was listening to the news the other day, I was reminded that I really need to be careful about what I say on my blog. I listened to the testimony from a federal judge nominee. I can't remember his name. But he was asked questions about statements he made on a blog that is published under another name. Honestly, I can't remember the specifics of the story, but I've told you about what is important to my question.

And my answer to my question is your blog can get you in trouble. The statements we make are out there in the internet world are out there for everyone to read. And anyone who thinks there is such a thing as anonymity in the age of the blogosphere is just a little naïve in my opinion. Just ask that judge how it works when you try to post anonymously.

So just remember if you don't have something nice to say, maybe you should just keep it to yourself. There may come a day when what you say on the blogosphere will bite you in the butt.



No comments:

Post a Comment