Monday, April 17, 2017

There Is a Difference

Can I have some teriyaki sauce please? This is a Chinese restaurant not a Japanese restaurant. This was the conversation I heard the other day while I was waiting in line to pick up my carry out order. The guy who asked for the teriyaki sauce was doing this for his girlfriend. And you could hear her asking him across the room. Do you get some teriyaki? He kept trying to explain to her that they gave them so soy sauce, and that teriyaki sauce was served at Japanese restaurants. As they were carrying their order out the door, I heard the woman state. I don't understand why they didn't have teriyaki sauce.

It reminded me that there are so many times when we don't really understand the differences between people. Things all appear the same, but in reality there really is a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment