Sunday, April 9, 2017

I Just Called 911

I was at the library the other day. I wanted to go and do some work online outside of my house. It's a great place to work because I don't have the distractions I have at home. And sometimes you get there when the kids get out of school. It's a little bothersome at times. They can be noisy, and it can be a little entertaining. Life is just such a big deal as a teenager.

The other day I was at the library, and this is what I overheard.
I immediately stopped working. I was surprised and amused at the same time. I thought to myself how does this happen? How do you accidently dial 911? I chuckled to myself. Like all teenage girls, she immediately started to giggle, and she asked her friends what she needed to do.

She got up, and moved away from her friends. She informed them that she needed to talk on the phone. I could still hear her on the phone. She informed them there was no emergency. And you could hear her answering the questions that are normally asked when you dial emergency services. Somehow she managed to convince them that she didn't need assistance. At least I think she did, no police showed up. She then returned to the table with her friends. And they moved on to the next drama in a teenagers life.

The whole incident reminded me that you never know who you are going to butt dial do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment