Wednesday, March 29, 2017

You Know Spring Has Arrived When

I was out and about the other day, and I realized spring is really here. There were a few things that caused me to be aware that spring had arrived. Here's my list of ways to recognize that spring has arrived.

The Rumble Of Harleys

I pulled into the gas station. I saw a Harley Davidson. It's owner was sitting on the ground next to it smoking a cigarette. Then in the background, I heard that unmistakable rumble of Harley's taking off. I thought to myself it's not just a nice day, it's a spring day.

Call Ins

I arrive at work on Friday night. There are five people who have called in sick. It's the first Friday day of the year that it has reached 70 degrees. Oh, yeah! It's also a sunny day. Everybody just needed that mental health day I guess. Maybe management should make it a little easier for us to schedule a day off. I'm just sayin'!

Birds

I walk out the door at 4:30 am, and I hear birds singing. Yes, the seasons have changed. It feels great. I know that I need to go home and sleep so I can get the day rolling.

It Smells Like Rain

That grumpy old man you work with, says it smells like rain. You realize it's been several months since you have heard this statement. The expression for the past few months has been I feels like it might snow.

Decluttering

Decluttering becomes more than something you should do. It becomes something you really want to do. I think it's actually referred to as spring cleaning. I have actually wanted to get rid of items that are just lying around. Got a huge bag of stuff ready to go to The Salvation Army. Yay me!

So these are some of the ways I know spring has arrived, how do you know it has arrived?





No comments:

Post a Comment