Thursday, March 30, 2017

Preparing For That Road Trip

Road trips are a little impulsive sometimes, but most of the time we all know we are going to take a day away. Sometimes the unexpected occurs on a road trip, and it can turn a day away from home into a stressful event. My travel experiences have showed me that there are a few things you can do to reduce the chances of your road trip becoming a stressful event.

Road Side Assistance

A couple of months ago, I was driving home from my mother's house in Illinois. I had a flat tire. It was one of those flats that can't repaired. I know how to change a tire, but I can never get the lug nuts loose. I was not going to be able to change the tire on my own. That is when I remembered I had road side assistance on my car insurance. I was so glad I opted to add that to my plan. The repair truck was there within 30 minutes, and the driver changed my tire in no time flat.

Cash

A few years ago, I took a trip with a friend of mine. We were running a little late getting on the road. She said let's go, I'll stop by a machine when we get there. She just knew there was one she could use somewhere in the area we were heading to. She had no cash with her. I thought okay. We arrived at our destination. And we had to go to four different places in order for her to get some cash. Be prepared. You don't need tons of cash, but have some with you.

Credit Cards

Credit cards do have their evil side. You can get into debt with them. That is bad. But they are great for emergencies, and unexpected finds. A few weeks ago, I took a trip with a friend. And there was definite car trouble. The car was overheating. The repair shops were all closed. We had a choice to make. Push on and have a slow and nerve racking trip back home. There was also the possibility that we could do more damage to the vehicle by pressing on. Or we could get a hotel and spend the night. We opted to spend the night. We were much safer, and we were relaxed.

So these are my tips for road trip preparation. Do you have any tips you think should be shared with the world?



No comments:

Post a Comment